I am a full-stack, senior software engineer that is passionate about code craftsmanship, devops, and software professionalism.
[2012 - Present]
Software Development Engineer II - Warehouse Deals
- Responsible for developing the back-end services and fulfillment tools for routing all of Amazon's damaged and overstock inventory to the most profitable destination.
- Designed, developed, tested, and supported software used by hundreds of employees in 9 countries, and selling to millions of customers world-wide.
- Led my team of dozens of SDEs to constantly improve our software's quality:
- Raised the average test coverage from 10% to above 60% across hundreds of software packages.
- Adopted a continuous deployment process for the majority of 70 interdependent systems.
- Reduced high severity tickets from over 400/year to under 100.
Technologies Used: Java, Python, Oracle, AWS (DynamoDB, EC2, S3, SWF, SQS, SNS, Kinesis)
[2011 – 2012]
Sr. Software Engineer - Logistics
- Developed and maintained the in-house order management system, warehouse management system, internal web apps, and other logistics software.
- Implemented a business-to-business communication layer with a third-party logistic vendor to open the company’s first international warehouse.
- Redesigned and upgraded the team’s data layer, resulting in faster and more testable code.
- Organized the team’s professional development efforts, including a weekly developer training lunch.
Technologies Used: C#, ASP.NET MVC, SQL Server, Microsoft BizTalk, AS2, EDI
[2005 – 2011]
Software Engineer - Web Development
- Responsible for developing web applications on ASP.NET, ASP.NET MVC, and PHP frameworks.
- Worked with designers to create usable, standards-compliant web designs in HTML and CSS.
- Implemented data access layers using a variety of Object-Relational Mapping tools for .NET including nHibernate and LINQ to SQL.
- Helped lead Blackfin’s continuing education program, including giving several presentations on new technologies and design practices – both internally and at Boise’s Code Camp.